Through the years we have been taught to believe that a mountain of gifts under the Christmas tree is what this beautiful holiday is about. At what point are there too many gifts? Before you head out to the mall to make that big purchase, consider giving something different this year.
Check out my holiday experience gift guide full of ideas for giving an experience and creating memories instead of adding to someone's pile of stuff. By giving an experience you can encourage a passion or indulge a loved one in something they wouldn't necessarily give themselves. Here are 8 gift worthy experiences:
1. Paint Nite: Enjoy a night out with your bestie while you sip on a glass of wine and create a masterpiece together.
2. Spa Day: If you are anything like me, you enjoy a good spa day to unwind! Some local Ottawa places I love are Le Nordik Spa and Exhalo Salt Spa.
3. Hair Cut: We all need to get our hair cut. Wouldn't it be nice if this expense was covered and all you had to do was show up and enjoy a relaxing wash and blow-dry? I know this is something us ladies would definitely appreciate (wink! wink!)
4. Netflix or Streaming Service Membership: This is one for the movie lover on your list! You could even include a few bags of microwavable popcorn for them as a treat.
5. Hire a helping hand: We all get overwhelmed from time to time and can't get everything done on our TO-DO list. Hiring someone to help around the house with cleaning or running errands will take some pressure off their plate. Pssst, I offer Errand Services and if you purchase a gift certificate by December 21st you will receive 10% off. Just thought I would mention it!
6. Cooking Class: Feel full by giving the gift of food! Check out class schedules at your local Cordon Bleu or PC Cooking School.
7. Tickets: Whether it's catching a show down at Ottawa Little Theatre or going to a Senators hockey game at Canadian Tire Centre, it is bound to be a blast!
8. Museum Passes: Know someone who has kids? This is a great option for the whole family to enjoy a fun day out together.
Giving an experience isn’t necessarily cheaper than buying a physical present but making a memory with the ones you love is something you can cherish for years to come. The holidays are a time of celebration! I hope you find some way to make it a shared experience.
I am the Owner and Queen Bee at Busy Bee Organizing. Join me on my journey of helping other declutter and refocus their lives by organizing the space they call home.